Updated: Oct 14, 2022
The Americans have this great term for going out to see the wonderful colours of Autumn (or Fall as they say).
The colour of the trees around Snowdonia is starting to change and in the coming few weeks there will be some spectacular sights.
Here are some of my favourite places: * Coed y Brenin forest, 2 miles from our accommodation, lots to see and a great place to kick the leaves about
* the A5 between Capel Curig and Betws y Coed - just below Swallow Falls will be a mass of colour
* the Aberglaslyn Pass (A498) leading up to Beddgelert
* the A496 leading up to Barmouth and the A493 on the other side of the Mawddach estuary will both be full of colour
* the Tan y Bwlch estate and the woods around Maentwrog
* the Vale of Ffestiniog
* ‘Tu Hwnt i’r Bont’ tearoom on the river at Llanrwst is covered in virginia creeper and is an amazing sight
* Bodnant Gardens National Trust, about 50 minutes drive from our accommodation but well worth the trip
* Portmeirion woodland
We also have some spectacular horse chestnut trees (conker trees) right outside of Pine Tree Lodge that have fantastic Autumn Colour!
Come to visit us and see for yourself.
To find out more about our log cabins in the Heart of Snowdonia click the button